Short description of the Wawel Castle
The Wawel Castle used to be a home and a fortress of Polish kings while Krakow was the capital of the country. It has been a pride of the nation and a symbol of the regnant.
Wawel Castle is one of the most important, the most beautiful, and the biggest Polish castles. Located on a hill, it is a complex of buildings surrounding a majestic yard.
Rebuilt and renovated many times due to fires, thefts and wars, it encompasses many different architectural styles. This incredible diversion lets us leave modern days behind and enter time machine while discovering the castle and admiring it’s striking beauty.
Today the Wawel Castle is a museum in which you can marvel at the highest class works of art – stunning paintings, beautiful scultpures, sophisticated tapestries and many more.
Fun fact – up until recently Da Vinci’s Lady with an ermine was there for a few years – today you can see it in Krakow’s National Museum (which, by the way, is also worth visiting!).
The castle also houses an important art conservation centre.
There is so much to see there!
Begin your tour with meeting our representative at the main meeting point Kanonicza 25, Krakow Old Town – 10 minutes walk from the main market square) and then walk another 5 minutes up the hill to meet the Official Wawel Guide. During the tour you will know the history of the castle and listen to stories about Polish Kings and Queens. Entrance tickets are included in the price. The finish of the tour is at Wawel where you can stay to admire the panorama of Krakow or take a boat tour on Vistula river.
Approximate tour time: 2 hours.
- Kings & Queen ~2 hours
- English speaking live tour guide
- Entrance tickets to Royal State Rooms
- Visit in Crown Treasury and Armoury (In November replaced by “Lost Wawel” exhibition)
- Open tour – you might be joined with other people
- Private transfer
- Alcoholic drinks
- Kanonicza 25, Krakow Old Town. View in Google Maps
Daily: afternoon time.
- The tour ends in Wawel hill, 15 minutes walk from the main market square.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- It is a shared tour what means that you might be joined with other travellers for this experience.
To receive exact prices you need to customise your activity by specifying size of your group and choosing preferred package and proceed to the checkout. After that you’ll receive a detailed offer with no strings attached.
To proceed with the booking a deposit is required to be paid by credit or debit card.
For a full refund, cancel at least 5 days in advance of the start date of the experience.