The closest to 1940s Krakow you can ever get
One man saved over 1200 lives. He is not a standard, stereotypical hero though. His reasons were not always selfless. He is a very complex character. Then who was he?
Do you want to feel like a witness of the wartime in Krakow and get to know the truth about Oscar Schindler yourself? Imagine walking among the city’s inhabitants, entering narrow passages and over-populated apartments in the ghetto, finding weapons in resistance house and seeing the horror of being imprisoned and interrogated.
Pop in at the photographer’s shop, board a tram and watch a view from the windows; take a look at a typical Jewish apartment in the Ghetto. Once overwhelmed by the omnipresent enemy, you will finally feel the bittersweet relief of liberation by the Soviet Army.
An amazing journey through time
The exhibition presents documentary photographs, eyewitness accounts, film documentaries and multimedia shows. They are combined in order to create a chronological vision of Krakow’s history. You can see how the war destroyed the lives of individuals and of masses. You can also see how ordinary objects such as photographs, newspapers and personal artefacts helped to immortalise everyday life in the city occupied by Nazis.
Begin your tour with meeting our representative at the main meeting point – Film Cafe inside the Museum on Lipowa 5, Krakow – 25 minutes walk from the main market square). During the tour you will know the history of Krakow in 1940s and . Entrance tickets are included in the price.
Approximate tour time: 1,5 hours.
- Guided tour ~1,5 hours
- Group of maximum 25 participants
- English speaking live tour guide
- Entrance tickets – skip the line
- Open tour – you might be joined with other people
- Private transfer
- Alcoholic drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- It is a shared tour what means that you might be joined with other travellers for this experience.
To receive exact prices you need to customise your activity by specifying size of your group and choosing preferred package and proceed to the checkout. After that you’ll receive a detailed offer with no strings attached.
To proceed with the booking a deposit is required to be paid by credit or debit card.
For a full refund, cancel at least 5 days in advance of the start date of the experience.